Nutrifield Living Soil Pot 38L
$20.00 inc. GST
Containers made specifically for living soil? You betcha!
Nutrifield Living Soil Pots and Beds are designed like their regular fabric containers but they’ve added their new and innovative MoistureLock™ technology!
Regular pots and beds are made of a breathable nonwoven fabric that allows for excellent air pruning and drainage that can create an interesting problem when used with living soils. Soil in fabric containers dries quickly, from the bottom and the sides. This is generally great for fertigation and other types of growing. However, it is not how soil dries in nature, and the whole point of living soil is to let nature happen, well… naturally.
MOISTURELOCK™ IS HERE TO HELP YOUR MICROBIOLOGY THRIVE
MoistureLock™ is a strip of BPA-free waterproof fabric sewn to the inside of the container that provides many benefits.
- Directs water downward. This helps to avoid dry pockets in the soil.
- Promotes even moisture throughout the soil. Regular fabric pots dry from the sides. MoistureLock™ prevents that, simulating the way soil dries in nature. This helps the microbiology thrive.
- Less water usage! There is less surface area for water to escape the container, which means less water usage (lower labor) and lower humidity indoors.
- Aeration and air pruning comes from the strip of breathable fabric towards the bottom of the container.
Nutrifield are committed to making high quality products. Their Living Soil Pots and Beds are no different. Each of these pots and beds feature:
- BPA-free, waterproof MoistureLock™ liner with incredible benefits
- Drainage and aeration strip, USA-made tan fabric for healthy soil and roots
- Bottom seam sewn on the outside with marine-bonded thread to prevent rot
- A triple hem on top for added strength